I know… "Another productivity article about morning routines.” Well yes, but I won’t be preaching to you how I think you should start your morning or what works best for you to get going with your day. I’ll give you some insight into what I do and what I find currently works best for me at this point with the hopes that it may help you out in one way or another.
Full disclosure: This post is being written in 30 minutes (hopefully). Edits and everything. I’m pressed for time trying to ship a project, but want to stick to my daily posting goal.
For reference, I typically will start my morning somewhere between 6:00 AM to 7:00 AM.
1. Wake up and take out the dogs
- Email (~30–90 seconds)
- Product Hunt
- Telegram (Only to see what’s been going on in the WIP.chat group and to check my countdown before shippening)
2. Take my supplements
- Athletic Greens
- Fish Oil
- Vitamin D
- Some source of caffeine
- Chocolate protein shake with whole milk
3. Meditation with Headspace (10–20 minutes)
4. Layout Goal of the day and Schedule
- Ink&Volt Weekly Planner for overall goal/s and planning
- Moleskine notebook for scheduling tasks in 30-minute blocks
5. Journal (Journey App on macOS)
6. Write (Blog post)
7. Review & Edit Trello for individual tasks that coincide with schedule (~10 Minutes)
There you have it. My current morning routine that helps me get a jump start on my day. The blogging part has become a new addition that I’m enjoying and still trying to flesh out. I’ll be delving into more technical articles and stories about my projects in posts to come. Thanks for reading!